Analyst - Real Estate Acquisitions
WHO WE ARE
World Class Property Company is a privately held real estate investment and development company headquartered in Austin, Texas. We are focused on the long-term ownership, management and development of commercial real estate throughout the United States.
With roots in Texas and operations throughout the United States, World Class Property Company owns, develops, and manages a premier portfolio of assets consisting of a diversified mix of real estate properties including office buildings, retail properties, apartment buildings, industrial warehouses, marinas, and land located throughout the nation . Additionally, we own land entitled for over 20 million square feet of future development.
As a member of the acquisitions team, you will be responsible for (i) underwriting potential acquisitions by analyzing market conditions, completing due diligence activities and creating pro-forma assumptions, (ii) determining financial status of existing investments by comparing and analyzing plans and forecasts with actual results and (iii) providing analysis to management by assembling and summarizing data, preparing reports and making presentations of findings, analyses and recommendations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Identify and recommend feasible investment opportunities by interfacing with brokerage community, researching property, demographic and other pertinent information within target markets;
- Apply standard analytical processes to determine whether opportunities meet or exceed the company's investment criteria;
- Ensure full disclosure and verification of all details about the property and the transaction by completing due diligence activities including: obtaining, scrutinizing and confirming all diligence documentation such as third party reports, market analysis, rent surveys, and completing property inspections, lease audits, CAM reconciliations, maintenance audits and tenant interviews, and walks competitive properties;
- Underwrite transactions to meet profitability objectives by analyzing and manipulating financing options and budget figures; work with lenders and other parties to obtain and verify required supporting documents;
- Coordinate and oversee the purchase transaction and due diligence process between buyer, seller, lender, institutional partners and escrow company;
- Aid in the drafting and preparing of the Private Placement Memoranda;
- Prepare initial budgets and business plans for new acquisitions;
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in commercial real estate underwriting and/or acquisitions;
- BS or BA in Business, Finance, Real Estate or related field;
- Strong understanding of real estate finance or private equity preferred;
- Expert knowledge of Excel, Argus;
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
Second-to-None Analytical Skills
Exceptional analytical, quantitative, critical reasoning and business process skills with the ability to dig into complex financial and operational information to spot trends, process improvement opportunities and strategic implications. Deep knowledge of structuring new investment opportunities and experience in negotiating purchase and credit agreements.
Consensus Builder & Team Player Mentality
Able to communicate passion, energy, intensity, and excitement in a direct, apolitical way as well as the ability to build trust through leading by example and rolling up your sleeves. Able to work well within a team setting, manage multiple tasks, respond to changing priorities, and meet challenging deadlines.
High Energy and Intellectual Curiosity
Energized by learning new things and engaging across a wide range of issues. Conducts engaged research and meetings with a “get it done” attitude. Broad cross-functional exposure and ability to quickly grasp areas beyond scope of expertise. Independent, intellectually curious, emotionally intelligent and detail-oriented self-starter.
No Holds Barred and Results-Driven Attitude
Thrives on setting ambitious, compelling goals and aggressive schedules and then crushing them! Translates World Class Capital’s vision/mission into actionable and quantitative plans while communicating a sense of urgency and driving plans to closure. Confidence and desire to interact with senior executives at portfolio companies, new investments and investment banking professionals and other sources of deal flow.
Makes decisions and recommendations that weigh costs, risks, and impacts to achieve the optimal outcome. Refers to core values and principles when making decisions. Takes strategic and appropriate risks.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the role successfully. The company recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable him/her to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.