We are seeking a passionate, data-driven and detail oriented associate with significant experience underwriting and modeling commercial real estate analyses to join our real estate acquisitions and investment management team. You will be responsible for working alongside our senior acquisitions and development professionals to (a) evaluate potential commercial real estate investment opportunities (i.e. primarily office, retail, self-storage and land) by building and refining investment pro formas, property operations budgets, and capital expenditure analyses, using market assessments, comparable data, and conducting due diligence and (b) driving performance and execution of the investment strategy through ongoing investment management analyses related to investor return goals, lease analyses and other financial analyses including related to property level financing structures.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support senior acquisitions and development professionals (a) in structuring, underwriting and closing of commercial real estate investments and financings and (b) in the execution of the investment’s business plan post acquisition;
- Independently prepare and create accurate financial models, projections, and analyses on prospective property acquisitions and owned real estate assets, including undewriting pro formas, market analysis, property operational underwriting, and return on investment modeling in Argus or Excel, as applicable. Must have very strong Excel and Argus proficiency;
- Organize and present comprehensive, data-driven analysis to make recommendations to senior acquisitions and development professionals regarding key decisions, including new acquisitions, major leases, capital expenditures, and property operations;
- Research market comparables, rental rates, expense loads, cap rates, debt costs, etc to support investment decision making;
- Oversee and coordinate in-house diligence on new acquisitions, including review of seller deliverables and review and coordination of third party reports (i.e. PCR, ESA, Title/Zoning, etc);
- Prepare investment memoranda to summarize pro formas, diligence and support for investment recommendations;
- Work across departments to assist in the creation of up-to-date real estate holdings analysis, performance tracking, and periodic investor reporting;
- Bring with you positive and energetic passion for commercial real estate underwriting and data-driven investment decision making.
- 5+ years of experience in real estate investment/acquisition or related field, with strong preference for prior experience working for an owner/developer;
- Industry expertise in commercial real estate required;
- Expert knowledge of Excel, Argus; able to build complex cash flow models across various asset types/financing scenarios from scratch required.
- BA or BS degree in Finance, Economics or related field preferred; MBA preferred
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
High Energy and Intellectual Curiosity for Data-Driven Decision Making
Energized by digging into data and market research to achieve a data-driven approach to decision making. Conduct engaged research and meetings with a “get it done” attitude. Broad cross-functional exposure and ability to quickly grasp areas beyond scope of expertise. Independent, intellectually curious, emotionally intelligent and detail-oriented self-starter. Willingness to travel significantly as required.
Second-to-None Analytical Skills
Exceptional analytical, quantitative, critical reasoning and modeling skills with ability to dig into complex financial and operational information to spot trends, process improvement opportunities and strategic implications. Deep knowledge commercial real estate modelling for both initial underwriting and ongoing investment management.
Consensus Builder & Team Player Mentality
Able to communicate passion, energy, intensity, and excitement in a direct, apolitical way as well as the ability to build trust through leading by example and rolling up your sleeves. Able to work well within a team setting, manage multiple tasks, respond to changing priorities, and meet challenging deadlines.
No Holds Barred and Results-Driven Attitude
Thrives on setting ambitious and compelling goals and achieving them! Translates World Class Capital’s vision/mission into actionable and quantitative plans while communicating a sense of urgency and driving plans to closure. Can-do attitude that encourages others to meet investment objectives and goals.