Vice President, Acquisitions
WHO WE ARE
World Class Property Company is a privately held real estate investment and development company headquartered in Austin, Texas. We are focused on the long-term ownership, management and development of commercial real estate throughout the United States.
With roots in Texas and operations throughout the United States, World Class Property Company owns, develops, and manages a premier portfolio of assets consisting of a diversified mix of real estate properties including office buildings, retail properties, apartment buildings, industrial warehouses, marinas, and land located throughout the nation . Additionally, we own land entitled for over 20 million square feet of future development.
As the Vice President of Acquisitions, you will manage the sourcing, underwriting, acquisition/disposition, and debt/equity procurement processes for assets in multiple states, while directing and overseeing acquisitions team activities to ensure efficient operations, compliance with standards and procedures, and sound investment decisions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Set appropriate goals and objectives for the acquisitions team to achieve Company’s overall performance goals;
- Evaluate and improve acquisitions policies and procedures to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, and ensure sound investment decisions;
- Oversee the process of identifying and validating multifamily and commercial investment opportunities that meet the acquisitions strategy;
- Ensure proper execution of all acquisitions transactions including: market analysis, proformas, feasibility and due diligence studies, investor relations, business plans, ROI analysis, underwriting, workout strategies, etc.
- Structure financially complex transactions, including return on investment analysis and feasibility studies;
- BA or BS in Finance, Economics, Business or related field; MBA preferred;
- 8-10 years of direct acquisitions and underwriting of commercial and/or retail properties;
- Minimum of four years of supervisory experience;
- Expert knowledge of Excel, Argus.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
Second-to-None Analytical Skills
Exceptional analytical, quantitative, critical reasoning and business process skills with the ability to dig into complex financial and operational information to spot trends, process improvement opportunities and strategic implications. Deep knowledge of structuring investment opportunities; experience in negotiating purchase and credit agreements.
Consensus Builder & Team Player Mentality
Able to communicate passion, energy, intensity, and excitement in a direct, apolitical way as well as the ability to build trust through leading by example and rolling up your sleeves. Able to work well within a team setting, manage multiple tasks, respond to changing priorities, and meet challenging deadlines.
High Energy and Intellectual Curiosity
Energized by learning new things and engaging across a wide range of issues. Conduct engaged research and meetings with a “get it done” attitude. Broad cross-functional exposure and ability to quickly grasp areas beyond scope of expertise. Independent, intellectually curious, emotionally intelligent and detail-oriented self-starter. Willingness to travel significantly as required.
No Holds Barred and Results-Driven Attitude
Thrives on setting ambitious, compelling goals and aggressive schedules and then crushing them! Translates World Class Capital’s vision/mission into actionable and quantitative plans while communicating a sense of urgency and driving plans to closure. Confidence and desire to interact with senior executives at portfolio companies, new investments and investment banking professionals and other sources of deal flow.
Makes decisions and recommendations that weigh costs, risks, and impacts to achieve the optimal outcome. Refers to core values and principles when making decisions. Takes strategic and appropriate risks.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the role successfully. The company recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable him/her to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.