Office Leasing Associate
WHO WE ARE
World Class Property Company is a privately held real estate investment and development company headquartered in Austin, Texas. We are focused on the long-term ownership, management and development of commercial real estate throughout the United States.
With roots in Texas and operations throughout the United States, World Class Property Company owns and manages a premier portfolio of assets consisting of a diversified mix of real estate properties. Additionally, we own land entitled for over 20 million square feet of future development.
Our portfolio includes office buildings, retail properties, apartment buildings, industrial warehouses, marina, and land located throughout the nation.
World Class is seeking an in-house Office Leasing Associate for its Austin office. World Class owns an exciting and dynamic portfolio of some of the most coveted office assets in Austin and Dallas. The Associate will be as self-starter who is responsible for cultivating new tenant prospects and maintaining relationships with existing tenants, with a particular focus on creative office tenancy. The Associate will also respond directly to inquiries from interested office tenants, and will work closely with the management team to understand the office leasing needs and opportunities across the World Class portfolio.
- Cultivating new and expanding existing relationships with desirable prospective tenants including companies looking to open new offices in Austin or Dallas and companies looking to relocate within Austin or Dallas, as well as third party brokers.
- Canvassing markets to identify potential tenants through relationships created directly with C-level executives of target companies, local chamber and business organizations, and networking events focused on creative office tenancy. Effective proactive marketing will include cold calling.
- Proactively generating interest in and demand for becoming a tenant in the World Class portfolio.
- Developing and executing creative and aggressive leasing strategies which may include re-tenanting, renewals, early renewals, buy-outs, re-locations, new tenants and “packaging” multiple leases across assets.
- Generating and maintaining an active pipeline of prospective tenants to keep the World Class office portfolio 100% leased.
- Must be willing to travel to the assets regularly and keep flexible / extended work hours to be able to respond quickly to tenant leads and opportunities.
- Excellent sales and origination skills, people skills and relationship management talent.
- Superior negotiation and closing skills.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Rapidly absorb and understand new information.
- Analyze and organize information, discern key elements and identify relationships between them.
- Use logic and common sense in decision-making, moving quickly or deliberately as appropriate.
- Show imagination in developing new, creative approaches to problems or in modifying existing approaches.
- Create sensible, realistic and practical solutions.
- Overcome obstacles with available resources and “do it now”.
- Efficiently and productively plan, organize, budget, schedule and execute assigned tasks; manage multiple assignments and priorities; always having contingency plans and adapt quickly to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Perform under pressure.
- Be personable, likable, a good listener and a team player.
- Be proficient in Word and Excel.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing whether it be one-on-one or in large groups.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong desire to win.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Good financial acumen.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a broad constituency.
- Results-oriented and high energy.
- Highest level of personal integrity.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Passionate and committed to his or her own personal and professional development as well as that of his or her colleagues.
- Creative and innovative approach to solving problems and resolving issues.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a 4 year college or university, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of office leasing experience
- Strong knowledge of office leases and lease structures
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to establish priorities with little direction in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationships with leasing brokerage community in primary markets are a plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset